Well, surprise, surprise! Judith Baxter, a fellow blogger from New Zealand nominated me for a Versatile Bloggers Award. Now I’ve never met Judith in person but via our blogs a friendship has blossomed nevertheless. Her blog, Growing Younger Each Day, never ceases to be a source of inspiration to me and one in which I always enjoy reading. Whereas my blog chronicles the ups and downs, the curves and swirls, and the good, bad and ugly of my life journey, Judith is pure encouragement and joy. Thank you, Judith, for your friendship and for this nomination!
This nomination requires me to share 7 things about myself, so here goes:
- I grew up a tomboy and was more comfortable in a tree than in a dress. (Never have taken a cotton to dresses)
- I’m tone deaf … which I think is a good thing. In my world, everyone sings beautifully.
- I’ve never broken a bone but I used to envy those who did and got to wear a cast. (Funny the things we can be jealous of!)
- Even though I took plenty of lessons, I have never learned to swim. I can keep myself afloat but if anyone gets within 12 feet of me, I panic and sink. (The fact that my brother and his friends used to hold me under the water at the lake, may have a lot to do with this.)
- I used to be a telephone operator.
- I haven’t made homemade chocolate chip cookies in years but I think of them every day!
- My favorite activities as a child were roller skating and jump rope — such healthy activities but neither of which (unfortunately) remain with me today!
And now, for my nominations for the Versatile Bloggers Award:
- Jobs abandoned and replaced with traveling. Their photography is amazing! http://theworldonatoilet.com/
- Combining my love of Costa Rica and parenting: http://www.motherjungle.com/
- Calming reflections http://www.calmingreflections.com/ this blog just allows a person to sit back and soak in the tranquility.
- What can I say? This girl just loves traveling, and somehow can make even the dullest place interesting: http://vicki-h.travellerspoint.com/
- Having had the good fortune of watching this young lady grow up, I have especially enjoyed joining her (via her blog) in her search for her birth parents. Love, love, love her writing style: http://angelatucker.tumblr.com/
- Oh, how I wish I was an Organizing Junkie! I use the inspiration and ideas from this site in my attempt to downsize: http://orgjunkie.com/
- This single mom to two disabled teen twins make me smile, laugh and cry: http://brain-soup.blogspot.com/
- Sometimes I just need to laugh: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/
- There’s something irresistible about baby animals. I could easily be one of those crazy ladies with a houseful of animals, but instead I get my full from this site: http://Squee.Icanhascheezburger.com/
- It’s best to be home alone when I read this blog. I never fail to laugh myself to tears: http://damnyouautocorrect.com/
- A different kind of political blog: http://www.prunejuicemedia.com/
- Though her blog is titled “Bossy Betty,” I find her everything but bossy. She’s real, she’s funny and she sure knows how to use her camera. http://bossybetty.blogspot.com/
- I love this guy! Of course, I’ve never met him but so I guess I should say I love reading his observations on life. http://gentlysaid.blogspot.com/
- I read this not because it is light and easy, I read because I am compelled. She holds nothing back, it’s actually painful at times but again, I am compelled to read and I thank this blogger for allowing us into her world. http://sixthinline.blogspot.com/
- With a blog name of Definitely NOT Martha, I really don’t need to say more than I Love It! http://definitelynotmartha.blogspot.com/
So there you have it, fifteen of my fav blogs! Thanks again, Judith, for the nomination.